Sunday, July 26, 2009

Datz Deli and Lemon Scented Pancakes

Ok, so Tony has been telling me for a couple of months to try Datz Deli in S. Tampa (MacDill Ave to be exact). I am not eating breads right now because I'm allergic to yeast so I haven't been all that eager to go to a sandwich shop. Well, it is so much more than a sandwich shop! They serve brunch too. I had the "lettuce entertain you" salad with smoked turkey, gouda, strawberries, blueberries and sugared walnuts with a berry vinagrette. Wow! This salad could have fed 4 people! It was yummy and pretty too. Tony got Lemon Scented pancakes and they were totally yummy too.
I highly recommend this place! They had a very large selection of beers (banana bread beer, blueberry beer and some other very interesting brews). The bakery looked awesome too. They had cakes the size of a sink! Something called "Lady Baltimore" looked like a fantasy cake with layers of white cake and a torched meringue frosting.

Here is a link to a recipe I found that might be something like those pancakes (I haven't tried it yet and will report...I doubt if it can be as good as Datz!)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/buttermilk-and-lemon-scented-pancakes-with-warm-blueberry-syrup-recipe/index.html

Here is a link to Datz Deli: http://www.datzdeli.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    This restaurant sounds magical...I could picture almost everything, and I hope we get to go the next time we're visiting. I love this site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love that Leah! I hope you guys make it down soon. I really miss you all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...