Monday, August 3, 2009

New style of eating

So, my husband and I have decided to try to lose a few pounds and get healthier. Just so happens my mom gave me for my birthday a wonderful book to get us started. The book is called "Gorgeously Green". The best book I've read in a while.
The whole idea is to eat healthy, organic foods that are not processed. This is done in an attempt to be healthier and greener!
So, I found out that Wholefoods Market has recipes and shopping lists on their website. I made a meal plan and went the Wholefoods. So far we have really enjoyed all of the food! I made a breakfast casserole with polenta crust, sausage, eggs and cheese. Tonight I made a Quick and Easy Beef and Veggie Rice Bowl. The name doesn't do it justice. It was delicious and my husband who is not a veggie lover ate every veggie on his plate. He really enjoyed it.
If anyone would be interested in me e-mailing along meal plans every two weeks I'd be happy to. I'm already doing the work for my family!
Just comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...